Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts on Interactive Books

I looked at several different stories on the website DreamingMethods.com. Out of the few that I checked out, the most memorable one was Nighingale's Playground. I think this is because it was the least surreal/random/vague - less stream of consciousness. It was easier to retain my interest longer because there was an actual narrative or story. I appreciate these alternative forms of virtual literature, but believe that user generated stories aren't as good as reading a book. Reading a story, you are gripped by a narrative, a story, a plot and characters, where these are more of a collaborative process with the reader. I think the reader really has to be in the mood for this sort of thing. There's work involved in interactive stories. In this virtual world today, society has become lazy and wants entertainment provided for them as easy as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment