Monday, February 14, 2011

Newspapers in my life

I've never been one for reading the newspaper. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of newspapers and my youth is reading the comics in the Sunday paper. I really got interested in reading the paper for the 2008 election and have been reading online ever since. I read the NYTimes daily during this exciting time. Also, checked the Huffington Post daily and a couple of blogs that I can't remember the names of that I'm sure were non partisan. After the first uneventful year in politics, I stopped following them closely because it was too depressing. I continue to read the NYTimes - usually the 10 most popular articles or anything that I see on the front page that may catch my eye. I like the columnists for the times - Maureen Dowd, Gail Collins, Thomas Friedman and Paul Krugman sometimes and Bob Herbert. That's about it for newspapers. I started checking out The New Yorker magazine online after being exposed to it in Creative Writing. I have always wanted to subscribe to the magazine and maybe now I will because I know I'll be in one place for a while.

1 comment: