Friday, March 25, 2011

Television Today

I liked Dan's response to segmentation. I think cable should offer a pay per channel for a small fee, rather than having to pay 59.99 for a thousand channels plus a landline (which nobody uses anymore) and basic internet. What's the deal with the warring cable company's? The only time my doorbell rings, which I should know better now than to answer, a cable rep is standing on the doorstep trying to sell me something. It's gotten out of control.  
From the discussion board, it sounds like most people are watching less and less network television. This is due, not only to internet TV, but I think it probably is related to all the other entertainment gadgets out there. ipads, smartphones, enhanced video gaming, texting or facebook during the commercials.. etc..

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I get mentioned in a blog post! As far as the cable competition, we can only dream of such things occurring at my parents' house in Arlington. As it is, Mediacom is the only cable operator that serves the town. Unfortunately, they know it and jack the prices up accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made alot of good points in your blog. like how no one uses landlines and how you pay the money for the channels when you could easily get it off the internet

    ReplyDelete